1. Heed this next statement: No matter how sharp a mind you may have, no one can remember everything. Therefore, don't beat yourself up trying. Learning to write things down helps.
Mind Mapping software Visualize your ideas
Everyone has some type of special talent, so find out what yours is and use it. Be open to trying different things. You could find a hidden talent that you are not aware of. Do you learn from sound and voice pitch or from pictures?
Maintain a regular exercise program. It will help to relieve tension. Relieving tension alone can improve your thought patterns. The less tension that you have the sharper your mind will become. You will begin to develop a better attitude as time goes on. You should find a program that works for you.
Some people find that writing poetry can be relaxing plus it is a great way to express yourself. Not everyone writes poetry so find your own mode of self expression. Try sewing, playing a musical instrument, or gardening. Get a Diary and express your thoughts.
You are never too old to learn. Don't let learning stop just because you're out of school. Go to your local library to gain more knowledge. It is a great place to relax, gather thoughts, and focus on studying. If you have any spare time, carry a book over to the park or stop in at a family restaurant. It all aids in building a sharper better mind, and improves your attitude.
You should treat yourself as well as you treat others. It will improve the way you think. You will be a happier individual with a sharper mind and better attitude. Try buying yourself a small gift while out shopping for others. It is always good to give, and being generous is nice, but charity should begin at home. Remember, too, that generosity involves more than just material things and satisfaction is not achieved by consumption.
Figure out for yourself the true meaning of what is important in life. In doing so you will build a sharper mind and a better attitude. For where others may have failed and so never know the true meaning, you may succeed. Search deep inside for your inner self.
You are truly blessed if you have common sense. There is nothing like good old common sense, for without it how can you possibly achieve having a sharp mind?
Use your mind more instead of using a calculator or adding machine. This is to say, especially, on simple things that you can easily total up in your head or on a piece of paper. Many people haven't done long division since grade school; give it a try sometime.
Stay focused on making your own decisions. Don't let other people try to make decisions for you. Be firm about speaking for yourself. And don't be afraid of expressing your opinion. Everyone has an opinion and the right to have one. Who knows, your opinion may catch on.
You should jog, run, ski, play ball, fish, write, garden, or whatever makes you happy. Doing things that you enjoy will help you to keep your mind fresh and clear and your attitude at its best.
Learn some basic memory techniques. To start off with, you could find some books written by Tony Buzan (Mind Maps) or Dominic O'Brien: both of them are top people in the memory world.
Learn from everything you do. When mowing figure out the most efficient route, When reading try to read faster, every detail make look a little better, try to write neat, try to never use spell check, and so on. Because if you are constantly learning you will succeed in life, and you will surpass your fellow workers.
Learn to improve your mental ability in domains such as logic, problems solving, mental orientation and corrective thought process. It allows one to improve upon rationality and with rationality comes right attitude towards situation....
Ads by Google
Your Zodiac Horoscope
Insert Your Birthdate & Get Answers about Past-Present and Future. Free
mind440 hearing aids
See colours and models of Widex' mind440 hearing aid series
Spiritual Mind Science
Discover The Power of The Mind in The Secret Forbidden Knowledge
* Sit down and think it out, what can you do to keep a sharper mind and a better attitude? You'll be amazed at what that you figure out for yourself.
* Don't let others rule your life, for that will make you sad and dull your mind.
* You can simplify arithmetic to do calculations quickly and easily in your head. Let us say that you need to add 433 and 433, well 33+33=66 and 4+4=8. So you'll come up with a total of 866.
* Learn to round off numbers while grocery shopping. Try not using a calculator. Although, one may shop on a budget. If something is .69 cents, simply round it off to .70 cents in your head. I always come close to the exact amount (dollar-wise) at the check out register. This works unless you totally avoid looking at your grocery list, which is not recommended.
* Drink plenty of water. Drinking little water every 30-40 minutes works well.
* Have a great time with wikiHow. It will aid in keeping a good sharp mind and a good positive attitude. Writing is like food for the brain.
* Make yourself a special mental note that being sharp is smart.
* Thinking positive is not only healthy, but it builds a stronger mind with that well adjusted attitude.
* Negative thinking never gets anything done; it is just setting yourself up to fail.
* Sleep is very important to keep a sharp mind and good attitude. But laying in bed tossing and tumbling isn't any fun. So do something to assure that you are tired enough to sleep well. A few hours of good sleep are better than those broken up hours of slumber.
* Try to keep your alcohol consumption to a minimum, and stay away from drugs because they suppress your mental clarity
* Try using your opposite hand to do everyday things, especially writing and printing. Sit down and start writing on a piece of paper using your off hand. It will probably start out like scrawl, but you will gain better control, become more aware of your tense shoulders and body, and able to use both sides of your brain. This exercise is also used for epileptic patients.
* Watch out for people that try to do your thinking for you. However, keep your mind open for good advice. When you have a sharp mind, you'll recognize good advice.
* Don't be a people pleaser, for the wrong kind of people will take advantage of you. If you stay sharp, chances are that won't happen to you.
* Practicing different strategies to keep your mind sharper is good, but such strategies should be used in a relaxed way. One should enjoy while doing it but should not do under any compulsion.